Memory cards don’t always cooperate. Even if it seems like you’ve taken care of them correctly, some like to develop bad sectors or corrupted files.
What can you do if you have a file accessibility issue for the information that you need?
Whether it’s photos, songs, documents, audio files, or more, the tools offering the best SD card recovery tools for Windows operating systems deliver impressive results.
These downloads are the ones you’ll want to consider today.
Top 7 Best Memory Card Recovery Tools for Windows
The best memory card recovery tools offer user-friendly ways to find your lost files. Please remember to use a secondary storage device so that you have a new place to store your recovered items as you use these tools.
1. Best Pick: Disk Drill SD Card Recovery
Disk Drill allows you to handle memory card recovery issues in a snap. Even if you have bad sectors or complicated file structures to manage, you’ll receive incredible results with this tool.
The secret to its success is the algorithmic mapping function that traces new routes to your missing information.
That process ensures your access gets restored without a significant manual effort. All mountable devices receive the benefits from this design.
Pros of Disk Drill for Windows:
- The interface is easy enough for almost anyone to use.
- Recovery features are quickly accessible to find your lost files fast.
- Virtually any memory card is compatible with this software.
- You’ll receive several data protection and information backup tools with your download.
Cons of Disk Drill for Windows:
- It may take some time to complete the restoration process during a deep scan.
- Large memory cards seem to bog down the software occasionally.
- Troubleshooting help requires chat or email contacts.
Disk Drill for Windows is the top pick because of how it automatically rescues your files. If you don’t have much technical knowledge, you can let the tool’s design do the work for you while getting a successful result.
If you’re an IT professional, this product offers some significant benefits to consider, especially with the $499 Enterprise-level plan.
Download data recovery tool for free: https://www.cleverfiles.com/data-recovery-software.html
2. Runner Up: Acronis Revive
This memory card recovery software offers a straightforward user experience. It is incredibly lightweight, offering one of the smallest installation files available right now. Even when it is fully installed, it only needs minimal free space on your drive.
Pros of Acronis Revive:
- The size of this tool makes it well-suited for portable needs.
- It provides above-average scanning speeds to deliver results.
- The user interface is intuitive and familiar from the start.
Cons of Acronis Revive:
- There isn’t a preview option to use when you find files to recover on your memory card.
- The health status of the deleted files is not available with this software.
- Your search mechanism works with file names, but not necessarily the content inside.
Acronis Revive works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems. It is also available for Windows Server installations from 2003, 2008, and 2012.
The paid version is $49.99, although you can see a demo without delivering credit card information to the company.
You can find out how to buy through this link: https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/revive/.
3. Third Place: IObit Undelete
This free software download provides an excellent memory card recovery experience. You can use it to restore your files quickly and easily, even if you have a significant quantity of lost data to manage.
Pros of IObit Undelete:
- You can perform in-depth scans on your memory cards to find challenging files.
- It allows for file evaluation before initiating a recovery attempt.
- It doesn’t require an installation if you use the app.
- You can restore files with a single click.
Cons of IObit Undelete:
- You need to get to know the software before the file score becomes understandable.
- If you don’t have Internet access, the program might not be available.
This memory card recovery product supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It’s offered as a free download when you follow this URL: https://www.iobit.com/en/iobitundelete.php.
4. Remo Recover
This Microsoft Partner product lets you recover data on numerous memory card file formats, including exFAT. Even if you have corrupted sectors, this tool does an excellent job finding and repairing your desired files.
Pros of Remo Recover:
- You can recover over 300 different file types with this product.
- It works with videos, audio components, documents, and more.
- Users can get their data back from virtually any storage device.
- The design uses a basic three-step process to scan, preview, and recover.
Cons of Remo Recover:
- The file recovery mechanism doesn’t always work as expected.
- Some files are not recoverable with damaged memory cards with this software.
- The video tutorial has some gaps in managing the learning process.
You can find this memory card recovery tool for Windows at this link: https://www.remosoftware.com/remo-recover-windows.
It is free and currently compatible with most Windows operating systems.
5. Wise Data Recovery
This memory card recovery tool provides NTFS and FAT format support to grab those lost files you need. One of its best features is that it allows you to select the file types you want to find before initiating the process.
Pros of Wise Data Recovery
- It allows you to have a portable version that lets you recover your critical files without requiring a complete desktop or laptop installation.
- You can see the recoverability and file details in the initial pane to see if the data is worth pursuing.
- Most common file types are supported by this recovery tool.
Cons of Wise Data Recovery
- Even though the files say that they have an excellent recoverability chance doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed to get the information.
- There isn’t an option with this memory card software to preview the file before grabbing the data.
- You don’t get the option to select specific folders for scanning within your memory card.
Wise Data Recovery comes from the Wise Cleaner family of data recovery products. You can download version 5.1.8 for Windows to try as freeware with an 8.24 MB download by visiting this link: https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-data-recovery.html.
If you upgrade to the Pro option, it’s either $23.98 or $35.98 for the service, priced monthly or annually, respectively. You’ll receive a license that’s good for one PC.
This software works on all current and previous Windows operating systems.
6. iBoysoft Data Recovery Software
This memory card data retrieval tool works for lost files within FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS formats. Even if you’re managing a deleted partition, this tool can deliver positive results. The intuitive interface also helps you find the RAW files that often get labeled as inaccessible by other platforms.
Pros of iBoysoft:
- This software uses a straightforward system to make recovering files easy. You select the drive, partition, or memory card first, scan it, and recover the items you want.
- It provides a preview filter that lets you see the items before initiating the recovery.
- The interface is simple and straightforward, offering graphics that anyone with computer familiarity will understand.
Cons of iBoysoft:
- If you have a large drive to scan, the recovery process could take some time to complete.
- Should you need to recover data from a Bitlocker encrypted drive, you’ll need to pay $199 for the Professional edition.
- Unless you invest in the Technician option, your support comes from email only.
- You must have Internet access available to activate the software.
You can use iBoysoft on Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10. It does not state that you can use it with the Vista operating system.
The price for the Standard edition is $69.95. You’ll receive a single license that works for one assigned PC at that price. More information is available here: https://iboysoft.com/data-recovery/purchase.html.
7. iCare Data Recovery
This free memory card recovery utility for Windows provides immediate access to your lost files. You can preview the items first, choosing the ones you want to send to another drive with a single click for each one. It’s one of the fastest unlimited products available in this category that is 100% free.
Pros of iCare Data Recovery:
- You don’t need to worry about hidden fees or ongoing subscription charges when using this product.
- It provides complete coverage of your memory card restoration needs, including mSD and USB options.
- There’s a RAW file system option that lets you recover and restore card errors when they develop.
Cons of iCare Data Recovery:
- You have limitations on what is actually recoverable from the memory card. If a reader or your computer doesn’t recognize it, you won’t get the information.
- The preview function appears as a thumbnail grid that feels clunky and cumbersome with more than a few files.
- You’ll need some technical knowledge to complete the more advanced tasks that this software provides.
If you decide the freeware isn’t for you, the Pro version offers 1GB of recoverable data before you need to pay for services.
You can decide here what version could work best for your needs: https://www.icare-recovery.com.
It runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
Additional Resources to Help with Your Windows Memory Card Recovery
Although these tools can help you find a path away from data loss, it’s only one step of many for most users. Downloads like Disk Drill or Acronis Revive provide lots of blogs and how-to advice for troubleshooting, but sometimes you can have specific issues that require a particular guide.
If you find yourself in that situation, here are some additional posts and pages to review.
- These data recovery apps are some of the best that you can use today.
- If you need additional help with your memory card, these downloads offer assistance.
- Try these tools for more memory card support.
- These five selections are top-rated Windows information recovery downloads.
- You’ll discover more information about the importance of data recovery on this page.
- The best free options for Windows data recovery receive reviews on this post.
- This content offers additional resources and suggestions for memory card solutions.
Here’s the Bottom Line
Your memory card isn’t going to fix itself. If you need help recovering lost files, these resources can help accomplish your data restoration goals.
Each product receives a specific rating in this guide because of several factors, ranging from ease of use to the resolutions it offers. What matters more is that you find the tool needed for your memory cards.
You might only be a few seconds away from finding those lost files. Why not grab one of these tools today to solve your memory card recovery needs on a Windows PC?